- What is personal information?
- In Australia, sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is generally afforded a higher level of protection by privacy laws. It includes your health information as well as information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations or trade unions, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal record. There is no equivalent of this definition in New Zealand legislation, although in general we would expect to take a similar approach to information of this type in New Zealand as in Australia.
- You are not required to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with all the information we request, the services we provide to you may be affected.
- We collect personal information (which may, because of the context or nature of the service or product, include health or other sensitive information).
- To the extent that health information is collected in New Zealand, it will be collected, used, held and disclosed in accordance with the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
- The types of personal information we collect may include:
- your name, age, address, phone number and email address;
- your credit card, banking and other payment details;
- details of the products that you have purchased;
- responses to or your participation in one of our surveys, promotions or competitions;
- information posted on our websites or provided through the social media platforms we use; and
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries.
- We collect personal information for the purpose of:
- providing you with information, products or services you have requested;
- providing access to our online services via the Website (for example, 'Your personal solution');
- personalising, customising and improving your experience with our Website;
- assessing inquiries for the provision of our services or products;
- direct marketing;
- communicating with you by various means;
- the general management and conduct of our business; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
- We may also use personal information for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you.
- We may collect personal information from you through the Website (including when you register for an account on the Website), and when you communicate with us (either by email, telephone, in writing or in person).
- We also collect information using "cookies" on our Website for the purposes of:
- operating an efficient online service;
- tracking the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website;
- providing a tailored experience to visitors to the Website, including advertisements.
Although you can usually modify your browser to prevent cookie use, if you do this, our Website may not work properly for you.
- Use and disclosure
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose) unless you have consented to that other purpose or we are permitted to do so by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia and New Zealand.
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, and to others in order to comply with our legal obligations. The organisations to whom we typically disclose this information include organisations contracted to provide services to us (such as organisations who may operate and manage the website from time to time on our behalf).
- In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us:
- using your personal information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about services and offers that we think may be of interest to you; and
- disclosing your personal information to third parties (including third parties who may be situated outside of Australia) for direct marketing purposes in order for these third parties to tell you about services and offers that they think may be of interest to you.
- We (or third parties) may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our (or their) services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence or disclosure of your information to third parties. For example, you may choose to 'unsubscribe' from receiving future electronic communications from us at any time.
- Integrity of personal information
- We will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, and that the personal information we use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant (having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure). To assist us, please ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- We will also take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- If we hold personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
- Storage and security of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss. Any personal information that is collected through our Website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by technical and procedural safeguards.
- Access to and correction of personal information
- You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (subject to certain legal exceptions). If a legal exception applies and we decide not to provide you with access to that personal information, we will advise you of the reasons for our decision.
- If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or irrelevant (having regard to the purpose for which it is held) we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to correct that personal information. This may include notifying third parties to whom we have disclosed that personal information. If we do not agree that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or not relevant you may ask that we attach a statement to this effect to our record.
- Please let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling personal information so we can address them. We will review any complaints and respond to them within a reasonable period of time.
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concern or complaint, in Australia you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or in New Zealand you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC). To make a query concerning your privacy rights, or to lodge a complaint with either the OAIC or OPC about how we have handled personal information, you can contact the OAIC on 1300 363 992 or go to oaic.gov.au or the OPC on 0800 803 909 or go to www.privacy.org.nz. The OAIC and OPC have the power to investigate the matter and also to take certain other actions.
- Other organisations' websites
- Contact us
GO Healthy New Zealand Ltd
Address: 94 Nelson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt, Wellington 5012, New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 8910184